Slideshow

Friday, October 31, 2008

Tip of the Day



When applying eyeshadow wet (especially on my lower line) I use Vincent Longo's Water Canvas Base Primer right on my brush and then dip it into the eyeshadow, be it mineral or pressed.





DESCRIPTION- http://www.vincentlongo.com/
Water Canvas Base is a non-greasy, transparent gel made with 81% MicrowaterTM, seaweed extracts and silica gel.
Maintains skin’s moisture balance to impart a hydrated, brightened, more youthful appearance.
Forms a flexible, cushiony barrier that won't crease or flake with facial movement.
Allows skin to breathe and buffers it from pollution and climate.
Fills-in enlarged pores, fine lines and creases.
Smoothes over inflammations such as acne spots or rosacea.
Extends the wear of all makeup products that follow for a flawless, morning-to-evening finish.
Suitable for men and women of any age and all skin types.





I use it on my face as well but when I'm doing eyeshadow (and some people prefer wet wipes, vaseline, mixing mediums) this is my go-to for that wet application. I have sensitive eyes and when I use mineral or pigment eyeshadows and they fall into my eyes I pretty much freak. But this gives me more control over that and it's also really gentle so it won't punish your sensitive under-eyes.

Oh and P.S.~ I love applying eyeshadow as a liner with Sonia Kashuk (Target's) angle brush. It's the perfect size and has the right firmness to get the job done beautifully.

No comments: