Slideshow

Saturday, November 22, 2008

EZ Prez Experiment...

Disclaimer/Warning: ughhh I'm doing my nails right now, I apologise for their disgustingness :) And also... i can't remember teh second thing :)

What You Will Need:
91% alcohol, EZ Prez Pressing Medium, loose powder/pigment, a empty pan, a mixing pot, a small spatula, a piece of plastic (I cut the bottom half of a ziplock bag off), and a ribbon


A palette pan for your pressed powder, I took the lid off of a jar seen below actually.

I used the pot to mix the pigments and liquid and the lid to put the final product in.
Also some form of ribbon to create a hatch mark on the top to make it pretty.

Ez Prez pressing medium from http://www.coastalscents.com/

Rubbing Alcohol at 91%, you can use a lower percentage but it takes longer to dry.
A loose shadow of course. I chose Happy Shine Powder from Etude House

hehe... pour powder into stirring pot

Pour a couple drops of EZ Prez (shake gently before pouring to mix together oils) into your powder, I put in about 10 drops. Moderation is key, you don't want to put too much in. Otherwise... well you'll see.

Look how it looks!

Ewwww see what I mean by adding too much. It gets too wet and clumpy.

Let's try again:

meh... not exactly, still too wet and not enough powder

PERFECTO!!! You want it to be crumbly but able to "pull" like frosting when you push the spatula against it.
Alright I skipped a couple pictures here... I think i got too excited... so
1. mist the pan with alcohol
2. pour enough pigment/mix in to cover bottom layer

Place a plastic sheet over and press with a quarter to make it smooth
Next: spray the layer with alcohol
Press with quarter again... repeat repeat repeat

With the final layer, place a ribbon over the top and press with a quarter again.

Let it "cure" i.e. WAIT and dry for a couple hours

This is what the final looks like... PRETTY HUNH?!?!?! I KNOW!!!



With MAC beige-ing shadestick as a base, the top is the pressed the bottom is the original loose powder. You can see that the pressed one has more pigmented color but it loses some of its glittery sparkle.


Once again with Beige-ing shadestick

Without shadestick or base. It's meant to be a highlight color but it pretty much just adds tons of sparkles which I don't mind cuz I'm a glitter FANATIC!!!!


1 comment:

Francesca said...

Thanks for the blog!
Especially the " DON'T DO THIS" part lmao.

but now that i see whats goes into ti... totally not for me.... i'd make such a mess... and most of the pigment would end up on me, lol