Slideshow

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Intense Love for Asian Products... Warning: PICTURE HEAVY!!!

My makeup obsession pretty much started in Korea, my mom was a Hera saleswoman (now she's a Ohui saleswoman so can't wait to get some samples!!!) and I love
Banila Co
Etude House
Face Shop
Tony Moly
Tony Moly Eyeshadow Sticks, also great as shadesticks. These cost like 3 bucks. Swatches:


The Face Shop's makeup remover... amazing!!! So great for sensitive eyes i.e. ME :)


If you're ever in Korea, pick up one of these from The Face Shop, they're like literally $1 and are great. I have tons of hang-nails from my ecsema so this works great for me and I've had this little container for about four years. WHOA just checked the website... they have this stuff at walgreen's now... CHECK IT OUUUT!!!








The Face Shop's nail polish, $1 each.





The Face Shop's Professional Make Up Base in Green, also available in purple and yellow. A little too heavy for my tastes but for theatrical purposes, pretty good.



The Face Shop's Charcoal nose strips, not all that great... I was having this whole thing about charcoal (like charcoal hot tubs iono) and unless you let it dry ALL the way, it leaves black spots on your nose...




Hera Multi Complex Massage, this is a cold cream cleanser which is a good massage cream, very light but works well.




Hera oilpaper, I like this stuff because it comes in awesome packaging. Like a aluminum foil container it has a razor edge that cuts where you want it. As for the quality, pretty damn good!





Hera nailpolish in pink, the most expensive nailpolish I ever bought... I think it was like $24... ugh but my mommy bought it for me :)





The Secret Shimmer Powder by BanilaCo, great for shimmery shoulders while wearing dresses, doesn't layer on too much... just shimmery but buildable.




My ALL-TIME favorite sunscreen. SPF 35, sports is SPF 50, smells amazing, isn't greasy, can put it on my face without fear of breakouts... just the shizznit of sunscreens. No one does sunscreens like Asians lol.






Hera Toner and Lotion, love to take this when I go on trips, just simple toner and lotion.



Etude House's Black Head Remover set, came with a cream as well. I love Etude House when it comes to face products.




Etude House's nailpolish, a little too expensive for me, like $5... ugh?




I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Etude House's Aqua Sherbet set which includes toner, lotion, and ice toner (which I talked about before)... friggen amazing. I got the toner and lotion as a promotion sample at the store, which was a pretty ample size. The ice toner was $15 I think?





Banila Co's Nose Peeling Gel, eeh I should really throw it out, don't buy this stuff... not good. Doesn't peel which confused me, was more like a buffing cream.



Lotion from Banila Co... also another don't buy! Smells delish but wayyy to watery. I love Banila Co... buuut lotion is NOT their strong suit.



Banila Co's Sun Kissed Body Bronzer, one of the few times Korea has had a "tan" phase. Use this with a powder puff on my legs right on the shins for a contouring effect.


Foot Stylist Lemongrass Foot Cream... friggen great. I only have a wittle bit left and trying to make it last. It's sooo creamy and makes my feet smell great. LOOOVE it!




Banila Co's Dr. Hide spot concealor, it's whatev! not great not blegh...

This summer, Korea and Asia was hit with this fad of BB Cream, I'm pretty sure you guys have heard of it... I fell into this group. I got BanilaCo's Let me Finish BB Cream. It's like a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. This particular BB Cream has SPF and "whitener" which is cool, buuut only problem: one shade... period. It's alright when I just want a flawless look without trying so hard.





Hera translucent powder, not as good as MUFD's HD but pretty much similar. Not universally flattering, makes you a little paler, but tones down on oil slicks.



What I use on my eyebrows, can you tell which color I use? from Banila Co's Eye Love Collection. Sooo natural looking.


Etude House's white shimmer highlight e/s powder, I don't know if you can see the packaging, but it has a little hole at the top that you can fit in a sponge-tip applicator. Looves it!


Pretty cool stuff, kind of like Mac's Fix+ or at least the concept is the same, wayyy cheaper and smells good but never used Fix+ so can't compare.



I mentioned this before, this is Hyori-inspired lipstick by Banila Co, they also have a Seo In-young inspired one that I should have picked up... but didn't :(, it's $12 they're most expensive lipstick but ... amazing. Feels like Mac's cremesheen.

This is a Japanese product from ShiSeido that I bought at a hwajangpoom that I abso FREAKING lutely LOOOOVEEE. If they have this in America GET IT! It's a leave-in conditioner/frizz-ease but it doesn't leave that sticky feel in your hands and all the product goes into your hair and not into your skin.
Another japanese product I picked up a one hundred yen store in Tokyo, a soft pink.
The Skin Food's nail polish. This store is SOO cute. All their products are food themed, too cute. I've used up all their products that I own so I can't take pictures of them but too adorable!
Missha's nail polish, kind of cheap ... as in not good quality... at all. Well these ones but they're from like 5 years ago, I think they've gotten better. I think they have Missha's in America, possibly New York.
The only mascara's I've ever bought in Korea, the face shop's glitter mascara and banila co's glitter eye liner. I don't use the glitter eyeliner because it just hurts my eyes and the mascara you have to be careful with because it's got the consistency of glue.
Like I said before, Etude House is my Asian go-to for facial care products. I love their tea-tree serum for acne scars. I apply it right after a pimple pops and it lowers the possibility of a scar coming up.
Eye liners from Korea, brown from Banila Co's Eye Love and white from Tony Moly. Plus a pink eyebrow shaver which is cute cause it folds up to this small little thing you can put in your purse.
From left to right bottom row: Banila Co white highlight, Etude House's light gray, dark gray.
From left to right top row: Etude House's brown highlight powder, Clio's loose glitter in silver, Banila co's tan shimmer highlight powder. Swatches:
From left to right: Banila Co tan shimmer highlight, Etude House's dark gray with Clio glitter on top and then without glitter. From left to right: Etude House's white highlight, Etude House's brown highlight, Etude House's light gray.
Brushes from Korean companies: I LOVE the Face Shop's eyeshadow brush, it's just the right size. Also the container on the end is Banila Co's Eye Love Brown Gel Liner... my first experience with gel liners. pree good. The Banila Co crease brush is amazingly the right size for asian and other small eyes.
Top row left to right: sample lipgloss from Etude House?, Missha's strawberry chapstick (soooo moisturizing), Hera Lipgloss preee amazing... but expensivo.
Bottom row left to right: Skin Food's jelly juice tubes... NOT good, a play off juicy tubes but sooo not the same, Banila Co's Kiss Essence, smells like grap pree good, Banila Co's Kiss-Me-Not which is a lip plumper that tingles, Banila Co's pink lip gloss really good but reallly sticky.
Can you guys tell which companies are my favorites?? Here are their websites:
Face Shop: http://www.thefaceshopen.com/ and they sell products at Walgreen's... whoda thunk it?
Hera: no website I don't believe... can only be bought at department stores and from legit salespersons.
Missha: http://www.misshamall.com/... they have BB Cream btw!
Also you can go to http://www.gmarket.co.kr/ I think they have a global version as well and just search!
Random Pictures:I LOVE BIG BANG!!!
Big Bang is coming out with their new album after releasing a mini-album in Japan. I friggen love them!



My lover G-Dragon!


My photo book that my brother bought me
Now that polls are closed:

Got to love that background! I love Miami

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

omg I had a BEAUTY PRODUCT orgasm on your page -- geez... i had to write down all the things I want...I've always wanted to try more and more Korean beauty products, I've been sticking to Japanese products because they are so much more easily accessible to me here in the US.

But I would love to try that Etude Aqua sherbert collection it just sounds and LOOKS yummy!!!